Virtualization is a broad term that describes the abstraction of resources (usually applications) into a single server, reducing operating costs and improving the utilization of computing resources and increasing IT team productivity. Below I outline my top five benefits of virtualization.
- Fewer physical servers. Hardware costs and their subsequent maintenance costs are greatly reduced when there is less physical hardware to maintain.
- Efficient data center utilization. When you consolidate the number of servers, you are effectively removing them from your data center, freeing up space in the data center that can now be used more efficiently.
- Maintain application integrity. Each application can be housed within its own virtual server, so updating or changing one application has no impact on other applications.
- Scalability. Once a standard virtual server is built, it can be easily duplicated. Duplicating an already built server significantly speeds up server deployment and makes your job faster and easier.
- Multiple operating systems, one hardware platform. Again, this makes your job faster and easier. You can deploy multiple operating systems on multiple clients, from your single hardware platform.
Citrix is my favorite virtualization tool. Explore Citrix certification by Unitek Education today, to realize the value for yourself. Speak with a Unitek Education representative about Citrix certification at 888-825-6273 or request more information here.
About Unitek Education
Unitek IT Education is the premier Authorized Citrix training center in the United States and has trained enterprise clients nationwide on Citrix installation, administration and security. Unitek Education’s cutting-edge training solutions have received accolades from many enterprise companies, including Citrix itself. Unitek Education has been honored with multiple Learning Partner of the Year and Learning Partner of the Quarter awards by Citrix Systems.