Every organization sees the value in the cloud and in virtualization. But not every organization has been able to optimize their efforts in getting there. Virtualization is changing the way the world works, and changing the way IT works to support it. Any organization that has virtualized their IT environment sees increased efficiency and cost savings from employees who can work anywhere, on any client. Because of this, the adoption of virtualization is growing. It is predicted that the desktop virtualization market will add 50 million new virtual desktops and generate $1.5B in additional revenue by next year. The leading desktop virtualization solution is Citrix XenDesktop*.
Below I list out my five top reasons why virtualization should be a top priority of any IT department:
- Fewer physical servers. Hardware costs and their associated maintenance costs are greatly reduced when there is less physical hardware to maintain.
- Efficient data center utilization. When you consolidate the number of servers, you are effectively removing them from your data center, freeing up space in the data center that can now be used more efficiently.
- Maintain application integrity. Each application can be housed within its own virtual server, so updating or changing one application has no impact on other applications.
- Scalability. Once a standard virtual server is built, it can be easily duplicated. Duplicating an already built server significantly speeds up server deployment and makes your job faster and easier.
- Multiple operating systems, one hardware platform. Again, this makes your job faster and easier. You can deploy multiple operating systems on multiple clients, from your single hardware platform.
Citrix XenDesktop is a desktop virtualization solution that turns desktops into secure on-demand service available to any user, anywhere, on any device. It allows IT teams to deliver individual Windows, web, SaaS applications, or full virtual desktop, all with a HD user experience, to any client. Citrix XenApp empowers users with on-demand self-service to enterprise applications. Citrix XenDesktop delivers increased data security, simplified IT administration, and lower IT costs.
XenApp is an application delivery solution, enabling any Windows application to be virtualized, centralized, and managed in a datacenter, and delivered as a service to users anywhere on any device.
Virtual application delivery lets the IT team manage a single instance of each application in the datacenter. As opposed to having a license for each application for each user. Applications can be delivered via streaming an application, or run on high-powered servers in the datacenter for online use, from any operating system on any device.
It is critical that the talent pool keep up with the growing need for safe and effective virtualization. Citrix certification equips you with highly sought-after skills, giving you an edge in the job market (weather you are looking or not!).